In Marketing, it’s very important to understand the difference between the traditional (Enterprise) and On-demand (Software-as-a-Service) models.
- Is your company a pure SaaS Company?
- Are you experimenting with transitions to a SaaS-based Company?
- Are you managing a hybrid model, also called a SaaS-based integrating solution?
In all cases, you daily deal with a new emerging market that requires innovative internet marketing saas-focused strategy.
If you are no longer consider your solution to be an Enterprise-only solution, you should forget about long selling cycles, where number of engineers, consultants, and business people involved from the very beginning to the very end of the process. Forget the situation where sales teams are more important than marketing/lead generation teams. In the on-demand (SaaS) model, focus on the web-based demand and associated measurements.
SaaS-based companies target different audiences with different messages, and require different processes to achieve the same goals, as Enterprise would. If your company is trying to sell SaaS-based solution to Enterprise Company, keep the following rules in mind:
- You have to build your SaaS marketing strategy around your SaaS solution
- Do not be afraid of educating your potential customer. Speak up loudly of all ‘pros’ and ‘cons’ of SaaS vs. Enterprise Solution. Work with Legal and Procurement force on early stages of building confidence in SaaS model
- Instead of marketing the product, market the solution with promises and expectations
- When promoting solution, don’t promote only product features, but also talk about the whole process of implementation and delivery of the solution, included rapid development, reliability, flexibility, easy updates, technical support, etc.
- Do not hesitate to invest in branding. Your customers trust the brand and chose your solution from many
- Manage carefully the TCO. You cannot hide unproductive activities under costly licenses anymore
- Do not forget your existing customers. Market all new upgrades and modules to them first. They are already in the same boat with you. If not for themselves, they would likely suggest your innovations to their peers
- Remember, price alone won’t sell when we are talking about B2B. Of course, essentially, the SaaS-based solution costs much less, but do not focus exclusively on price – your enterprise-savvy customers would also value a quick turnout, flexibility, security, and usability of the SaaS solution even more.
WOM Communications, LLC helps SaaS-based companies to market their solutions by industry, function, location, and many other factors. WOM Communications, LLC provides a unique blend of web interactive marketing. We helped other SaaS-based companies to find their feet at today’s marketplace, and we can help your company, as well.
Ready to inquire? Contact us today!